Executive Coordinator Job at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Executive Coordinator
Job Requisition ID: R3305
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The Executive Coordinator is responsible for providing analytical and administrative support to the Country Representative.
- Analyzing incoming mails and memos and bringing them to the attention of the Country Representative in order of priority and urgency.
- Coordinating the preparation of briefs, talking points and presentations for the Country Representative’s review and use.
- The Executive Coordinator is also responsible for developing and managing activity and event budgets for the office of the Country Representative. S/he will be required to take notes during meetings and to follow up on action items from meetings.
- The Executive Coordinator will provide support to the Country Representative in the coordination and promotion of MSH in Nigeria via appropriate media platforms.
- Performing administrative tasks for the Country Representative to support day-today business functions and operations such as preparing and processing documents, organizing and disseminating files, scheduling meetings and appointments, and handling correspondence.
- S/he will provide information and logistic support for the Country Representative’s travels.
- The Executive Coordinator will act as a liaison between other team members and the Country Representative. S/he will assist in scheduling meetings, sending out invitations, procurement, and other logistic needs for meetings, conferences, or other events.
- S/he will plan logistics for high-level MSH visitors to Nigeria, coordinating closely with colleagues across different MSH teams and projects in Nigeria.
- This position must be aware of and adhere to the MSH Procurement Integrity policy and will assist in safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately donors against fraud, loss, or misuse. S/he must ensure confidentiality of all information.
- Manage the calendar of the Country Representative, keeping all appointments updated in Outlook, scheduling internal and external meetings, planning for travel time, etc.
- Correspond internally and externally on behalf of the Country Representative to schedule meetings, request information, or make arrangements.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the Country Representative: answer telephone calls, respond to queries, and reply to related emails.
- Prepare and format documents, and develop presentations and reports.
- Maintain organized notes and files.
- Provide logistics support in booking travel for the Country Representative or international visiting staff, including coordinating accommodations, transport, meeting scheduling, etc. Prepare travel briefs.
- Assist in preparations for meetings (scheduling, sending out invitations, arranging office supplies/meeting or event materials, office equipment and technology, booking a venue or conference room, drafting the agenda, coordinating attendance sheets, refreshments, etc.).
- Provide briefing materials and talking points to the Country Representative in advance of each meeting.
- Prepare MSH documentation and materials, business cards, etc. for the Country Representative to share with stakeholders during meetings.
- Attend events with the Country Representative to manage meeting logistics (attendance sheets, technology, materials, etc.) and to take notes during the meetings.
- Create activity budgets with cost estimates.
- Manage funds for activities, including payment of per diems, reimbursements, and other expenses, and account for advances by maintaining accurate receipts and documents required for proper reconciliation.
- Support review of fuel reconciliations for vehicles.
- Follow up with the accounting team to ensure activity funds are disbursed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Plan for procurements as needed, draft and submit requisitions
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, Communications or Public Health.
- 0- 2 years of relevant work experience in management support, administrative support, and communications.
- Relevant work experience in public health, international development, public relations, or related fields.
- Experience with the Nigerian government and public health sector.
- Experience with bilateral or multilateral agencies, and non-governmental organizations
- Proactive, logical, and flexible approach to managing activities and solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills, and multi-tasking ability.
- Tact, professionalism, and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues from a broad range of non-governmental, governmental, and international organizations.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent writing and communication skills especially with summarizing, and organizing information in appropriate formats, as well as crafting clear and concise correspondence with various stakeholders.
- Basic procurement knowledge/skills.
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality, and approachability.
- OFFICE SECRETARY NEEDED
- Administrative and Finance Associate Job at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Hotel Manager Job at Martinos Hotel and Event Centre
- Operations Manager Job at Logistics Haven International Limited
- Receptionist Job at Tacade Consulting Limited
- Branch Manager Job at HRBP Limited
- Experienced Catering Manager Job at Sundry Foods
- Ongoing Recruitment at Lovekids
- Depot Manager Job at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Events Hall Manager Job at JMK Nigeria Limited